Due to internal changes arising from the success of the business, we are now looking for an enthusiastic & customer-focused individual to join our Personal Lines team in Hastings, East Sussex.
- Are you passionate about delivering first-class customer service?
- Do you enjoy supporting customers and finding solutions?
- Are you looking to be a part of a rewarding and supportive working environment?
If your answer is yes, we would like to hear from you.
Founded in 1983, Chris Knott Insurance is a forward-thinking, owner-managed affinity insurance broker, specialising in insurance solutions (and associated products) for UK car club members and the wider car enthusiast community.
We operate a professional, friendly & highly supportive culture. We value our people and as a result have many long-standing team members.
What will you be doing as a Personal Lines Advisor?
- Working with a close-knit group of like-minded colleagues to provide exceptional service to our new and existing customers.
- Involved in handling a variety of calls; from New Business enquiries & changes to existing policies through to dealing with customers' renewals.
- Using your excellent communication skills to ensure every customer is treated fairly and in a refreshingly straightforward way.
- Advising on and selling ancillary products to both new and existing clients.
What to expect:
- The role can be challenging with team targets to meet, but you will be trained and supported to handle the variety of calls across a customer lifecycle.
- We are FCA regulated and fully compliant in our approach and requirements, but we do not operate a call-centre model and, therefore, we are not heavily scripted.
- We will invest in your learning and continue to support your development throughout your career with us.
We are looking for people who:
- Are experienced in personal lines insurance
- Are capable of delivering great customer service &/or have proven sales performance
- Have a can-do attitude when it comes to finding appropriate solutions for our customers
- Are comfortable talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport
- Demonstrate strong active listening and communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Have an interest in cars and the modification scene (though this is not essential)
- Are motivated to achieve positive results and collaborate to reach targets
- Have experience and are comfortable using a computer
- Have at least basic email, Excel and Word knowledge/skills
What you will receive in return:
- A competitive salary, so you do not have to rely on commission
- Working 37.5hrs per week, across our opening hours*
- 24 days annual leave plus all bank holidays + additional holiday at Christmas/New Year
- A competitive Contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Permanent Health Insurance/Income Replacement
- Knowledge, training, and opportunities to develop within your role and career
- Commission-free insurance policies for you and those in your household
Once you have completed training, you may have the ability to work some time each week from home (in the new blended / post-covid world).
*Please note, our opening hours are: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 – 12:00 Saturday.
As a full-time member of the Personal Lines team, you will be required to work some Saturday mornings to be available for our customers when they need to talk to us, but your weekly working pattern will be provided in advance (and Saturdays will form part of your shift pattern only when you have completed the training).
HOW TO APPLY: If you are passionate about supporting customers and are seeking a role in a dynamic and friendly environment, please do get in touch by emailing your CV to email@example.com in the first instance.
No agencies please.