Dog Businesses Insurance

Protection for dog trainers, dog groomers, dog walkers and more!

Whether you are a dog trainer, dog walker or dog groomer – or run another type of dog-related business – insurance can provide valuable financial and legal protection against a wide range of risks.

Key benefits of choosing CKI

  • Specialist team who understand the intricacies of working with dogs
  • Broad range of business activities covered, including shows and events
  • Modular cover tailored to your business activities

Great service and competitive prices!

Phillip Evans

Dog-Related Business Insurance FAQs

I run a small business. Do I really need insurance?

While you may be doing everything you can to ensure a safe environment for your customers and the public, there is always a chance that something may go wrong especially where animals are involved.

If a customer is injured or their property is lost or damaged and they claim it was your fault, you may be liable for costs that run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Our affordable canine cover protects you from the full range of risks that may arise from carrying out your dogrelated activities. Anything from running a business or a club to simply arranging a dog show or agility display.

Remember, if you have any employees, you must have Employers’ Liability Insurance by law.

How do I know what I need?

Whether you’re a dog trainer, dog walker or dog groomer, we’re on hand to guide you through and make sure you have the right cover for your needs. We’ll work with you to select the elements you want and choose the level of protection that suits your requirements.

Of course, we can advise you if you’re unsure on anything. We want you to be confident in your cover and recognise its value.

What does Canine Insurance cover?

Typically, cover is for your legal liabilities for the defence, management and payment of claims made against you. However, you can also arrange protection for your buildings, equipment, cups & trophies, abandoned events and loss of money. Here’s the full rundown:

  • Public Liability: Covers your organisation, trustees/directors, employees, members, judges, gamekeepers, beaters, stewards & officials in connection with the activities of the club/society or business. For the defence, management and payment of claims made against you for injury, loss or damage.
  • Employer’s Liability: Covers your club or business for injury, death or disease to employees and volunteers. For the defence, management and payment of claims.
  • Victim Compensation: If you are the victim of negligence and have been unable to recoup your court award from the negligent person.
  • Professional Indemnity: Covers dog trainers for errors, acts and omissions that cause financial loss to others. For the defence, management and payment of claims.
  • Buildings: Cover that pays for loss or damage to the buildings owned, hired or used by your club/business.
  • Equipment: Cover that pays for loss or damage to the equipment owned, hired or used by your club/business.
  • Cups & Trophies: Cover for loss or damage.
  • Abandoned Events: Covers you for cancellation of club organised events due to unforeseen circumstances (exclusions may apply).
  • Loss of money: Cover when taking money to the bank or when it is temporarily at the home of club or company officials.

What will it cost to insure my business?

Our insurance is very affordable and starts at under £68 for a whole year’s protection.

Contact Chris Knott Insurance for a Dog-Related Business Insurance quote today on
01424 205005

Are you looking for Public Liability Insurance?