Charity InsuranceSpecialist cover for your charity or not-for-profit
Charity Insurance is a tailored insurance solution for charities, CIC, CIOs, not-for-profits and community groups that takes into account your individual needs and activities. As specialist Charity Insurance brokers, our team can help to build a partnership with your charity, finding you the right cover at the right price and enabling you to concentrate on supporting your cause. Whether you are a small family trust or international organisation, we can quickly get to grips with your needs and provide guidance tailored specifically to you, whatever your mission.
Key benefits of choosing CKI
- More than 15 years’ experience of working with charities, from local volunteering groups to international organisations.
- A FREE Charity Insurance review to assess your risks and current gaps in your insurance, find solutions and provide you with a no-obligation quote.
- Sound and impartial advice for recommendations that you can trust.
- A dedicated contact with someone who understands you and not-for-profit organisations.
- First-class service that always exceeds your expectations.
- Quick and efficient claims assistance to help you get back up and running quickly.
- Ongoing support throughout your time with us.
Insurance is one of those items that you know you need but would rather not pay for. We have found that UK Church Insurance makes every effort to understand our general and specific needs and then works hard to find the best solution, which keeps our costs as low as possible. This fits well with our plan of minimising expenditure – always crucial in a tough financial climate.
Kevin Rose – King’s Church, Hastings
Charity Insurance FAQs
What is specialist Charity Insurance?
Charity Insurance is highly specialist cover tailored to the unique needs of charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Many charities end up with Business Insurance policies, but these will not necessarily provide the best fit, leaving charities vulnerable to risk.
Charity Insurance is therefore tailored to cover each organisation’s specific activities, people and needs to provide complete peace of mind. Policies can include Employers’ Liability Insurance, Trustees Insurance and Loss of Reputation cover, but these can be added in and removed in order to keep down costs and give charities the ability to continue working confidently for their cause.
Do I need Charity Insurance?
If you are a charity, CIC, CIO or voluntary group, you could benefit from specialist Charity Insurance.
Unlike regular Business Insurance, Charity Insurance takes the unique risks of charity work into consideration, providing you with cover that you can tailor to suit the activities you carry out. This means you can get cover for your fundraising events, soup kitchens and food banks as well as specialised protection for your buildings and contents.
Non-essential cover can also be taken out to reduce costs, which your Charity Insurance broker will be able to advise you on.
To find out if you need Charity Insurance for your organisation, speak to one of our experienced team members today.
What does specialist Charity Insurance cover?
Cover organised by Charity Insurance brokers such as Chris Knott can give you a tailored policy that meets your specific needs.This cover could include:
- Charity Buildings Insurance: This will provide you with financial protection should the structure of any of your charity buildings be damaged.
- Charity Contents Insurance: If any of your charity contents or equipment are damaged or stolen, this cover will pay to replace them.
- Public Liability Insurance: Having Public Liability Insurance for charity events, running your charity shop or other activities is vital. If a supporter or visitor is injured or their property damaged, this cover will help to pay legal fees or compensation.
- Employers’ Liability: This cover will protect you if an employee or volunteer becomes ill or injured while carrying out work for you.
- Trustees Indemnity: This will protect your trustees and staff against claims of wrongdoing or poor decision-making.
- Fidelity Guarantee: This will protect you from any loss of money following the fraudulent or dishonest conduct of a trustee, officer, volunteer or employee.
- Money cover: As a charity, you are likely to collect and handle money. This cover will therefore protect you if money is stolen or misappropriated by a volunteer or member of staff.
- Loss of Reputation: Reputation is crucial for charities, which is why this cover will protect you if you have to defend yourself against bad publicity.
- Event Insurance: A standard part of Charity Insurance, this cover will provide financial protection for one-off or regular events hosted by your charity.
- Food bank Insurance: If your charity is involved in organising food banks, we can provide you with cover to protect its activities and stock.
- Abuse Cover: This will help to pay legal fees, court appearances and damages if a claim of abuse is made against you.
- Publisher’s Liability: This will provide you with protection if your websites or other published material are accused of libel. You should also consider this cover if you produce any recordings on CD or podcasts as these could be accused of slander.
- Cyber Insurance: If your systems or data are compromised, this insurance will provide financial assistance.
Can I get Charity Shop Insurance?
Yes, absolutely! We know that charity shops provide vital income to not-for-profit organisations, which is why we can create a policy that protects you, your staff and any customers.
To get a quote for your shop, get in touch with our Charity Insurance brokers at Chris Knott.
How much does specialist Charity Insurance cost?
Charity Insurance quotes will depend on several factors, including:
- The number of employees
- The value of your property and contents
- What activities you carry out
To get an accurate quote based on your unique needs, speak to a Charity Insurance broker at Chris Knott Insurance today.
Contact Chris Knott Insurance for a Charity Insurance quote today on
0800 917 2274