Photography Insurance

Protect your equipment, images and liability

Whether you’re photographing the wilderness or capturing a festival crowd, you need the reassurance of knowing that your equipment and images are protected. This is where Photography Insurance comes in. Policies can be tailored to your unique needs, so if you’re a keen amateur or a professional carrying out commissioned work, you can get the cover that is right for you. We also provide Photography Insurance for other image workers, such as videographers, photo journalists and processing labs, and offer a Business Liability package for those operating as a business.

Key benefits of choosing CKI

  • Cover for professionals, amateurs and businesses
  • Premises-only, UK, Europe or worldwide cover
  • No restrictions on the maximum amount of cover for individual items
  • Cover for items left in unattended vehicles
  • Financial protection against the loss of photos
  • Quick and efficient claims assistance
  • Ongoing support throughout your time with us

Friendly staff and very helpful. Gave me a very good price, which I couldn’t turn down. Highly recommended!

Photography Insurance FAQs

What is Photography Insurance?
Photography Insurance is a specialised form of cover designed for both amateur and professional photographers, videographers and processing labs.

Photographers are usually carrying and using very expensive equipment, and it is likely that you will also be taking it to unusual or busy locations to capture the perfect shot. This means that damage, theft or loss could leave you with a large hole in your pocket.

Professionals and businesses have even more at stake if something goes wrong, as well as the additional risks of liability. We therefore tailor our Photography Insurance to suit your unique needs, but it could cover:

  • Processing, printing, scanning, photographic or other business equipment, with no maximum limit for individual items
  • Buildings, shop fronts, fixtures and fittings
  • Equipment left unattended in vehicles
  • Hiring alternative equipment if yours is being repaired or replaced after damage
  • Business Liability, including Photography Public Liability Insurance, Employers’ Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance for photographers
  • Props, customers’ property and any equipment you hire

If you are a professional, we can also arrange additional cover to protect you against the loss of gross profits or additional costs if your equipment is lost or damaged. To discuss the cover you need with an experienced team, get in touch with us today.

Who is Photography Insurance for?

Photography Insurance is for all kinds of amateur or professional image producers, from photographers, videographers and photojournalists to processing labs. For this reason, Photography Insurance can be tailored to suit each individual or business, providing essential financial protection for equipment and business activity.

How much Camera Insurance can I get?

This really depends on what you need!

At Chris Knott, there is no maximum limit for the amount of cover you can get for individual pieces of equipment. We can also organise cover for labs of all sizes, buildings and shop fronts. Our Business Liability package is also available for businesses, which offers cover such as Photography Public Liability, Employers’ Liability and Professional Indemnity for photographers.

Do I need Photography Public Liability Insurance?

If you are hosting a photoshoot and a third party, such as a model, is injured while on set, then Photography Public Liability Insurance will financially protect you against any claims.

It can also protect you if you, or one of your employees, damages any property. For instance, if you spill a drink over the carpet of the room you are shooting in, it will provide you with cover to pay for the carpet to be cleaned or replaced.

This insurance can also come in handy if you run a processing lab. If a visitor slips on a wet floor and injures themselves, they could make a claim against you.

For these reasons, if you are a professional photographer or run a photography business, having Photography Public Liability Insurance in place can give you valuable peace of mind.

Can I get Photographer Event Insurance?

Absolutely! Our insurance includes annual cover for all photography activities (subject to top policy wording and exclusions, such as working at height). This means that if you host a photoshoot, you can be sure that accidents, injuries and mishaps are covered.

How much does Photography Insurance cost?

The cost of Photography Insurance will depend on several factors. This includes:

  • Whether you are operating as an individual or business
  • The type and level of cover you need
  • The size and location of your business, if applicable
  • The value of your equipment
  • The number of employees you have, if applicable
  • If you are hiring equipment, sets or props

To get an accurate quote for your Photography Insurance, get in touch with our experienced team here at Chris Knott Insurance.

Contact Chris Knott Insurance for a Photography Insurance quote today on
01424 205009

Looking for Public Liability Insurance?